Welcome back to another school year Small Wonders Nursery & Daycare, Inc. While this school year will be different, we do have a lot of fun planned.
· Please be sure to keep the school / health care policy for reference throughout the school year. There may be more changes coming and we will be sure to keep you informed.
· Marilyn Bonner (Director / Teacher)
o Monday – Friday: 8:00AM – 5:30PM
· Dianne McConnell (Teacher)
o Monday – Friday: 7:00AM – 3:30PM
· Lauren Couto (Teacher)
o On Leave until November 1, 2021
o Effective 11/1/21, Monday – Friday: 8:00AM – 3:30PM
· Nicole Feno (Teacher Assistant)
o Monday – Friday: 8:30AM – 4:30PM
· Mason Vianna (Teacher Assistant)
o Monday – Friday: 7:00AM – 3:30PM
· There will be no switching or adding days to your child’s schedule at this time. If this policy changes, we will let you know.
· The folders that go home with your child should return when your child arrives for his/her next school day. Please put these folders with their lunch boxes in their labeled bins.
· Please send a napkin and any needed utensils with your child’s lunch.
· Your child will need both a morning and afternoon snack packed in their lunch box.
· Please pack a labeled sweater or sweatshirt daily for outdoor play.
· Be sure to press the doorbell hard if the entrance is locked, sometimes it can be finicky.
· All children’s sweaters, coats, and sweatshirts must be labeled. We have many of the same and your child may not recognize their things when they are among others.
· Small Wonders will be closed on the following dates:
o Monday, October 11, 2021: Columbus Day
o Wednesday, November 11, 2021:Veterans Day
o Wednesday, November 24, 2021:Closing at 12:00PM (Noon)
o Thursday, November 25 and Friday, November 26, 2021: Thanksgiving Break
· Miss Dianne’s group will be contained in the Main Room. Cubbies and coat rack are located there for the three-year olds. Naptime will also be in the Main Room for the three-year olds. When Miss Dianne leaves at 3:30PM her group will join the four and five-year-old groups (daycare) with Miss Marilyn and Miss Nicole.
· October is Fire Safety Month! We will be doing fire safety lessons with the children as well as monthly fire drills. If the Swansea Fire Department plans to visit, it will be posted in the hallway.
· School Pictures will be taken at Small Wonders on the morning of Wednesday, October 20, 2021. If this is not your child’s scheduled day you may bring them in for pictures, but unfortunately you will not be able to add this day. Envelopes will be sent home with prices and packages.
· We will be having a Fall Fundraiser in October with Poppin Popcorn! Information will be sent home during the week of October 4, 2021. Please help support this fundraiser for special activities throughout the school year.
· We will celebrate Halloween on Friday, October 29, 2021. Children may wear their costumes to school. Full day children will need to bring a change of clothes in a labeled bag. Miss Marilyn will provide store bought snacks, mini-Halloween cupcakes, and hoodsie cups. Paper goods are always welcomed as a donation (napkins, paper towels, tissues, etc.) There will be no parent sign-up sheet, staff only. At 10:30AM, Magician Lon Cerel will perform on the stage in the upstairs room. He will follow COVID protocols and wear a face shield. If your child does not attend on this day, you are welcomed to add as a ½ day only for $40.00.
We hope that the children and their families have adjusted to our program here at Small Wonders! We look forward to a fun, safe, and healthy year! If there are any concerns, please let us know!
Thank you and Welcome Back to School!
Marilyn E. Bonner- Director
Small Wonders Nursery & Daycare, Inc.